"Fighting Cancer isn't easy,
Financially preparing for it is"
[contact-form-7 id="2072" title="HDFC Life Cancer Care Plan"]
Stay Covered, Stay Prepared
Get a Cancer Cover of Rs.20 lakh @less than Rs.4/day*
Customize your plan as per your requirement.
What is HDFC Cancer Care Plan
HDFC Life offers a comprehensive Cancer Care Plan, which provides financial protection cover for both early and major stage of cancer. HDFC Life ensures you are protected financially on diagnosis of major stage of cancer and on early stage of cancer. Not just that, on diagnosis of the early stage of cancer, HDFC Life waive premiums for the next 3 policy years.
HDFC Life offers 3 Variants Under Cancer Care Plan
In case, you opt for a Platinum plan, you will receive an income benefit on diagnosis of major cancer. And if you opt either for the Gold or the Platinum option, you have an increased benefit whereby the Sum Insured (SI) under the Cancer Care plan increases every year. You can easily customise the plan as per your requirement.
Or you can consult and take an expert's advice to choose the right plan and Sum Insured.
Why HDFC Cancer Care Plan
- A complete comprehensive cancer plan that provides financial protection against early or major stages of cancer
- You get a Lump sum payout is provided on diagnosis of early and major stages of cancer
- Your Future Premiums for next 3 policy years will be waived off on receiving a valid claim of cancer diagnosis
- You receive Income Benefit for next 5 years, if opted for a Platinum plan option
- Under Gold and Platinum option, the Sum Insured will be increased by 10% every year. This will continue till the increased Sum Insured becomes 200% of the Initial Sum Insured.
- All benefits and payouts are independent of any other health insurance plan
- You get tax benefits on all premiums paid up to 55,000 under Sec 80D of the Income-Tax Act, 1961
What is Covered Under HDFC Cancer Care Plan
Sliver Plan Variant Benefits
Under Silver plan variant the following benefits are payable:
1. Cancer Diagnosis Benefit:
A lump sum benefit, as per the table below, will be paid on diagnosis of:
- Carcinoma-in-situ or Malignant cancer
- Early Stage Cancers
- Major Cancer
|Diagnosis of||% of Applicable Sum Insured|
|Early Stage cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS)||25%|
|Major Cancer||100 % less Early Stage Cancer or CIS claims, if any|
2. Waiver on Premium Benefit:
Premiums will be waived for a period of 3 policy years on a valid claim of Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) diagnosis. And in case, the outstanding policy term is less than 3 years then premiums for the outstanding term would be waived.
Gold Plan Variant Benefits
Under this option, the policyholder receives the benefits as described under the Silver option and plus, an Increased benefit.
Under the Increased benefit, the Sum Insured increases by 10% of initial Sum Insured (SI) each year starting from the first policy anniversary.
This will continue till the earlier of:
a. Increased Sum Insured becoming 200% of the Initial Sum Insured
b. Any claim event
Once the claim is made, all future claims shall be based on the Increased Sum Insured at the time of first claim and further increases to the Increased Sum Insured shall not be applicable.
Platinum Plan Variant Beneift
Under this option, the policyholder receives the benefits as described under the Gold option and plus, the regular Income Benefit.
Under Income benefit option, you will receive a monthly income equivalent to 1% of applicable Sum Insured on diagnosis of the listed Major Cancers for a fixed period of next 5 policy years.
The benefits for Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma-in-situ (CIS) shall be payable by HDFC Life only once during the policy term and for its first occurrence only.
On payment of benefits for Major Cancer, the benefits under the policy will terminate. And no further benefits will be payable. Any outstanding Income Benefits will be paid as scheduled. In the event of the policyholder's death, during the period of receiving the Income Benefit, the remaining payouts under this benefit will be paid to his/her nominee as scheduled.
What is NOT Covered Under HDFC Cancer Care Plan
No benefit shall be payable under the HDFC Cancer Care policy in respect of any Major Cancer, Carcinoma-in-situ or Early Stage Cancer resulting directly or indirectly from or caused or contributed by (in whole or in part) :
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases AIDS or HIV
- Any congenital conditions
- Any pre-existing condition
- Intoxication by alcohol or narcotics or voluntarily taking or using any drug, medication or sedative unless it is an "over the counter" drug, medication or sedative taken according to package directions
- Nuclear, biological or chemical contamination (NBC)
- The policy shall terminate and no benefit shall be payable under the policy if the diagnosis or signs or symptoms (related to the diagnosed cancer) first occurred during the waiting period.